Tuesday, March 6, 2007

T-1

I've been here in Minneapolis a few days now. I flew out of Portland and into Denver on the morning of Thursday, the 1st. My connecting flight was canceled, as was the previous one to Minneapolis, because of the weather. Two planefuls of standby folk wound up meaning that I spent the night at Denver International. If nothing else, I learned that the chapel is about the only place safe from the blaring speakers telling me about threat level orange and liquids, gels, and aerosols in 3 oz (or smaller) containers. The elevation wore me out, especially since I had to carry around some extra stuff as a result of my suitcase being 13 lbs. overweight.

Everybody else had trouble as well. The final rider got here Saturday night.

I can't believe it's nearly time to get on the road officially. We have a press conference tomorrow morning, then on to our first stop, Notre Dame. We'll be on campus, or in the vicinity, on Thursday.

No comments: